Why come to Zimmerman Mulch for your pellet needs?
- Our wood pellets are stored indoors to maintain best quality
- We keep a consistent inventory to meet your heating needs
- Competitive Pricing
- We offer Delivery at reasonable rates
Why Wood Pellets?
- Wood pellets produce a consistent and economical heat.
- After burning wood pellet fuel, there is little ash left over, reducing the amount of clean-up work needing to be done. And, wood pellets produce virtually no creosote - a major cause of chimney fires.
- Made of 100% wood sawdust with no additives, the sawdust in pellets is a manufacturing by-product otherwise destined for landfills.
- A 40-lb bag of pellet fuel can provide up to 24 hours of solid heat.
- A winter's supply of wood pellets is about 100-150 bags - depending on climatic and lifestyle variations.
Wood Pellet Benefits
Wood pellets were first engineered in the 1 970s in response to an energy shortage in the U.S. and are generally manufactured from wood waste generated in saw mills, furniture manufacturing facilities, paper mills, etc. Burning wood pellets can be used as a substitute for electricity; wood-fueled fireplaces and stoves; or fossil fuels, such as propane or natural gas. Pellet fuel is burned in appliances, such as freestanding stoves, fireplace inserts, furnaces or commercial burners.
Clean and allergy-free. No dust or dirt is brought into the home with pellet fuel.
More efficient fuel than cordwood. Pellets have five to 10 percent moisture content in comparison to 30 to 60 percent for cordwood and woodchips. This means pellets are a more efficient fuel. Higher Btu content than cordwood. Wood pellets have a Btu output content of 350,000 per cub. Ft. of fuel, versus 70,000 to 90,000 for cordwood or wood chips. This means pellets produce more heat.
All natural fuel. Once compressed and dried, pellets hold their form with natural lignin, which means no glue or binders are required. Cleaner burn. Pellet fuel has proven to provide the cleanest burn of any solid fuel. Pellet stoves exhaust an average of 1.2 particulate grams per hour - well below the United States EPA wood burning limit of 7.5 grams. This is because the
combustion air can be easily regulated, which optimizes the burn efficiency, and because of pellet's low moisture content.
Energy from waste: Pellet fuel is made of waste products, such as pallets and manufacturing excess. It is a practical way to utilize biomass materials from sustainable forest initiatives, especially for commercial applications
Lignetics Premium Wood Pellets
Lignetics quality control ensures that you are purchasing the best wood pellets, Pres-to-Logs® fire logs or fire starter available. We use only the finest, highest quality raw material available for our products. Lignetics Premium Wood Pellets and Pres-to-Logs® (presto logs) fire logs burn hotter, more efficiently and leave less ash than our competitors, which translates into several distinct benefits.
Lignetics does not cut corners to produce our premium wood pellets and fire logs. There are some items where it makes sense to shop and buy less expensive products, but when it comes to wood pellets and fire logs this does not apply, for the following reasons:
- You would need to burn a larger quantity of lesser quality wood pellets or fire logs to produce the same amount of heat as Lignetics brand. The dollars here even out, but you will have to spend more of your energy to deal with the higher volume of wood pellets or fire logs when you must haul them more often.
- Burning lower quality wood pellets or fire logs translates into more emissions into the atmosphere and potentially more dangerous creosote emissions.
- Burning more lower quality wood pellets or fire logs means you will have more ash to clean up. Lignetics wood pellets and Pres-to-Logs® (presto logs) fire logs are designated as PREMIUM and therefore produce more heat and less than 1% ash.
- Using a lower quality product will also increase the amount of material your heating system must handle. This puts more stress on your heating system, creates more need for maintenance and leads to more costs in the long run.
Lignetics has plants on both the East and West coasts to reduce wasteful transportation costs and to help maintain a readily available and consistent supply of wood pellets and fire logs at a lower cost. Our flagship plant is located in Sandpoint, Idaho. Our east coast plants are located in Linn, West Virginia and Kenbridge, Virginia. Trained operators utilize up-to-the-minute technology and computer-controlled equipment to produce our premium wood pellets and fire logs. Efficiency, quality control, and maximization of resources are key components at both the East and West coast locations.
Wood Pellet Fuel and Fire Log Industry Leader
Lignetics is one of the pioneers in the wood pellet fuel industry. The company was founded in 1983 by Dr. William Pickering, retired Director of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in conjunction with a group of investors who had the vision to see that our country was in need of a clean, renewable alternative to carbon-based fuels. A patented process was developed to efficiently produce wood pellets and fire logs that set the standard for quality. Today, Lignetics produces the best premium wood pellet fuel and Pres-to-Logs® available.
Welcome to Hamer Pellet Fuel Co.
Pellet fuel is a renewable, clean-burning and cost stable home heating alternative currently used throughout North America. Our pellet fuel is made from clean sawdust, much of which comes from our own lumber operations in the heart of the Appalachian Region of the United States in West Virginia.
Why Choose Hamer's Hot Ones? The dust is compressed into pellets that produce clean, reliable heat with low emissions and an extremely small amount of ash.
Experience - We are the oldest residential pellet manufacturer in the Eastern United States. We know how to provide quality pellets consistently.
Availability - Our production capacity is 60,000 tons per year and growing. With one pellet plant facility in Elkins, West Virginia, we can supply your needs throughout the heating season.
Raw Material - They don't call us The Hot Ones! for nothing. Our dealers tell us our hardwood pellet fuel puts out more heat than most brands on the market.